Crime Prevention Tips for Businesses
- Keep cash levels low
- Pay workers by cheque or direct credit
- Position the cash register away from the front door.
- Lock the cash drawer and remove the key when not in use.
- Clear excess cash from the register often and randomly and not in front of customers
To reduce fraud
- Know Your Employees
- Make Employees
- Aware/Set Up Reporting System
- Monitor Vacation Balances
- Hire Trustworthy Experts
Control measures to minimise transporting cash risks
- Assign more than one well-trained person to the task.
- Vary the route and time of day when the person goes to the bank so movements cannot be predicted
- Avoid using quiet streets and alleyways
- Only make the journey when other people will be around.
- Where possible travel by vehicle rather than on foot or public transport.
- Wear plain clothing rather than a uniform to be less conspicuous
- Tell the bank the expected arrival time and another person the expected return time.